Monday, January 10, 2011

Wedding - A Perfect Fit

A client of mine is getting married later this month.  She found a dress she loves but didn't like that it exposed her shoulders and arms.  She wasn't able to find anything at the stores that fit her right, let alone matched her dress.  It was actually even hard to find a fabric to match.  This fabric matches in color but not in weave, although, it compliments it nicely.  I took measurements and altered a pattern to fit.  At the last fitting we found that the top gaped and exposed her under arm.  So I pulled in the top and shoulders and - wa la!  It covers her shoulders, arms to her elbows, and doesn't hide the beautiful beading on the top of her dress. 


This is why I love tailoring.  I enjoy bargain shopping, but I love clothes that fit and flatter more.  What event do you have approaching?  Are you going to look your best?  Let me know if I can help you look your best!

No comments:

Post a Comment